PUBLICITY FLOW CHART
Communications Publicity Flowchart for Event Lead Organizers:
- Arrange for date, time, and location (in-person or virtual) of Event.
- Contact the Building Liaison if you wish to hold the event at the Myerberg, outside of our regular rental periods: 3 PM Friday to 3 PM Saturdays plus most holidays (excluding Chanukah, intermediate days of Sukkot and Passover, and 'minor' holidays).
- Confirm details of the event and submit on the Event Form.
- Determine details such as:
- Will the event require registration?
- Do participants need to pay?
- Does the congregation incur any costs? Consider food, rental costs, featured person(s), critical supplies. Any significant budgetary requests require advance approval.
- Within 2 days of filling out the Event Form, you should see your event on the Google calendar and website calendar page --contact Elissa H. firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Liz Simon Higgs email@example.com if you don't.
- Adjust SignUpGenius if necessary–contact Elissa for support.
- Create a flier if desired. The Communications committee has templates in Canva that you can use. Contact Elissa firstname.lastname@example.org
- To post the details, flier, and anything else including registration on website, contact Elissa or Liz for assistance.
- Website (anything more than listing on calendar page) --contact Elissa email@example.com, Elaine Katz firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Liz Simon Higgs email@example.com
- Public Facebook page and Instagram --contact Angela Haynes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Bulletin board--if you can’t post yourself contact, Joel Shurkin email@example.com
- For other publicity please contact Elissa.(this includes articles and ads in the Jewish Times, JMore, on the radio, etc.)
- Send announcement to weekly no later than 11:59 pm Wednesday
- Send short, complete text and link to the flier or webpage (pictures can be included) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Double check that the information on the flier, website, calendar, weekly, sign up genius, and Facebook pages all match--EVENT ORGANIZER should initiate and alert Communications Committee (email@example.com ) so if anything does not look right.
Google workspace information–Ben F firstname.lastname@example.org (Elissa is backup)