- Educational and Cultural Programming organizes and coordinates all adult education programming, including Shabbatot Limuds, mini-courses and Shavuot eve Tikkunim.
- B'nei Mitzvah develops policies and procedures and coordinates activities relating to bar and bat mitzvahs and the B'nei Mitzvah Chug (group). Please see B'nei Mitzvah.
- Communications is responsible for all internal and external communications, such as newsletters, brochures and membership outreach materials.
- Congregational Activities organizes and coordinates synagogue-wide events such as Shabbat dinners and some holiday celebrations.
- Finance and Fund Raising organizes and coordinates all fundraising and budgeting activities.
- Human Resources proposes human resources policies, develops and maintains job descriptions, and coordinates evaluations of employees and independent contractors.
- Israel Action plans and leads activities about the State of Israel and Israeli culture, history and politics.
- Membership organizes and runs membership outreach, orientation and retention activities.
- Mitzvah develops policies and coordinates mitzvah activities for congregants, such as sending shiva trays and coordinating other shiva logistics, assisting seniors and get-well cards.
- Ritual develops policies related to halachic observance (kashrut, etc.) according to Conservative Judaic standards, and oversees services and ritual observance with the Rabbi’s guidance.
- Social Action organizes and coordinates social action initiatives in the wider community. See Social Action Initiatives for more details.
- Strategic Planning develops processes, membership surveys and other means for enhancing our short-term and long-term direction. Oversees bylaw revision and Coordinating Committee retreats.
- Youth Committee organizes and coordinates programming for youth ages 0-18.
- High Holidays organizes and coordinates Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur services and tickets.
Participation in Services:
- Divrei Torah - sermons and/or leading discussions
- Torah/Haftarah Reading
- Davening (leading prayers).
Aliyot and other honors are given out at services. If you would like an aliyah due to a special occasion, or to say Gomel (thanksgiving prayer for surviving a major trip or illness), please notify the Gabbai when you arrive.